For the latest information about services that are available in Sandwich & the Dover District [updated 07/07/20]- click here
For the latest information on coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK, visit the NHS website.
To learn about the government response, visit GOV.UK
Kent Together - Helpline Launched by Kent County Council (01/04/2020), click here
To find out what the District Council is doing to support the local community and to volunteer, visit https://www.dover.gov.uk/Home.aspx
There are a great number of Covid-19 related scams currently taking place, for information from Trading Standards (issued 02/04/2020) please - Click Here
SANDWICH TOLL BRIDGE FUND MAKES EMERGENCY GRANTS TO SUPPORT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Sandwich Town Council, as Trustee of Sandwich Toll Bridge Fund, has approved the following emergency grants since the Covid-19 pandemic started:
- an emergency grant of £2,000 to provide urgent assistance for Sandwich Foodbank (part of Deal Area Foodbank);
- £500 to support St Peters Care & Share;
- Up to £5340 was approved to ensure the continued operations of the Phoenix Centre.
- A £30 Coop voucher for every student living in Sandwich who received the Pupil Premium; to assist with the purchase of food during the school summer holidays.
If you're interested in applying for a grant please contact us on 01304 617197 / email@example.com for more information. There are also a variety of grants being administered by Dover District Council at the moment, more details about which can be found on : https://www.dover.gov.uk/Home.aspx (see the "Support for the local community" section).
TOWN COUNCILLORS HOLD EMERGENCY MEETING TO CONSIDER HOW TO SUPPORT THE COUMUNITY IN CURRENT CRISIS
Sandwich Town Council held an extra-ordinary meeting on 23rd March 2020 to consider its response to the Covid-19 pandemic, how the Guildhall and its staff will need to operate over the coming weeks, and how best Sandwich Town Council can support the community during these increasingly difficult times.
The Council agreed a number of emergency measures:
- Step up and focus on up-to-date website and telephone pandemic information signposting.
- Support KCC/DDC in Shielding Exercise currently underway for most vulnerable, acting as a conduit for linking KCC/DDC with local groups and individuals.
- Look into ways of providing emergency support to organisations who will play important roles over the coming weeks.
- All further meetings for the foreseeable future to be done remotely, so that Sandwich Town Council can consider additional measures of support as they become needed.
- Increased delegated powers to the proper officers to ensure day-to-day operations.
- In line with guidance and other councils, agreed to reluctantly close the Guildhall to the public and activity groups, and the town's two public conveniences, keeping this under review on a monthly basis.
- Although the Guildhall reception is now temporarily closed, Sandwich Town Council Guildhall staff and Councillors continue to work in support of the community - the telephone lines remain open - the number is 01304 617197 and officers can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org